Overview & Information of the library's Historical Collection
The Southborough Library has a strong committment and dedication to preserving the rich history of the Southborough community. To learn more about what kind of historical materials the library collects and accepts, please read the Southborough Library's Historical Collection Policy.
Our collection, housed in the Ella Eaton Meeting Room, currently includes:
- Materials concerning the Town of Southborough and the greater Worcester County region.
- Yearbooks, ex. Algonquin Regional High School, Trottier Middle School, & Peters High School
- Records pertaining to the history of the Southborough Library itself.
- Materials related to The Friends of the Southborough Library
- A limited number of historical photographs
The library is now actively partnering with the Southborough Historical Society courtesy of a grant from the Community Preservation Committee to make items of research significance available for public use.
The Southborough Library's 2015 Community Preservation Committee Grant Application.
Preliminary Report for the Southborough Historical Material Archive Project at the Southborough Historical Society | Update Report for the Southborough Historical Material Archival Project 1-5-2017 | Final Report / Archive Project Inventory 6-17-2017
We look forward to discovering, preserving, and cataloging materials of historical value for the benefit of Southborough citizens and researchers.